Myofascial Cupping Therapy
What is Myofascial Cupping?
Myofascial Cupping Therapy (MCT) is an ancient eastern healing art that is gaining popularity in the western world due to its many benefits. During a treatment, suction cups are used to create a negative pressure on superficial tissues to draw nutrient rich blood which promotes healing.
- Healing tissues by bringing increased circulation and oxygen to enhance collagen production and tissue repair (great for scar tissue)
- Creates a negative pressure which passively stretches myofascial tissue, resulting in increased range of motion
- Assists in reduction of localized inflammation and helps with recovery
- Breaks up adhesions in the fascial and musculoskeletal tissues
- Clearing the pores and removing surface toxins while pulling out old stagnate blood and toxins from the deep myofascial tissues
- Increases fluid movement which helps with detoxification of the lymphatic system, and organ systems
- Relieves muscle spasms that often cause pain
- Relaxes the sympathetic nervous system to aid stress reduction and healing
- Stimulates the blood flow to rejuvenate skin, aiding in cellulite and edema reduction and skin toning/strengthening
Is it safe?
While cupping is extremely safe to use on most people, there are some contraindications that may prevent the use of cupping such as:
- History of vascular disease such as DVT or varicose veins
- Any bleeding, internal or external
- Open wounds or sensitive/fragile skin
- Young children
- Recent operation
- Heart problems
- Blood thinning medications
Book an Appointment
If you are interested in Cupping therapy, drHerb is a great place. You will be given a cupping therapy treatment that is specific to your needs. To schedule an appointment, please use the online booking system.
**Clients should take note that any cupping treatment has the potential to leave marks on the skin. These marks are not bruises and generally aren’t tender, but can appear as light or dark red, or even purple in some cases. These marks can last anywhere from 1-7 days. Therefore, cupping is not recommended if, for example, you have a special occasion approaching and will be showing some skin!
Any opinions expressed within this article is form from my personal perspective, not that of my Professional Associations /Educational Institutions. This article are intended to convey information only and should not being misconstrued as medical advice If you have any concerns regard to medical matter, you need to consult a professional healthcare provider.I will not compensate you in any way what so ever should you happen to suffer death/injury/loss/inconvenience/damage due to the information contain in this article. .